Job Posting //
Senior Graphic Designer
Our Ottawa-based creative agency is looking for a full-time Creative Lead and Senior Graphic designer to fulfill our clients’ needs in various industries, in English and French. We are looking for a creative mind that can transform ideas and creative concepts into visuals assets, helping clients achieve their goals while staying on brand and tone. The candidate will be supported by our Creative Director and Graphic Designer and have excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD) and UX/UI web design experience.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Design with intent
- Support and facilitate a creative session
- Communicate client objectives to the creative team.
- Work closely with creative director and intermediate graphic designer to execute items across a variety of different brands, each with its distinct guidelines
- Understands and follows creative briefs in design concepts.
- Creative thinking; actively take part in brainstorming sessions
- Lead a facilitation creative session with team and clients
- Extend creative concepts to integrated marketing campaigns across multiple platforms. ( (i.e., brand identities, websites, guidebooks, proposals, presentations, digital media, traditional media, etc.)
- Web Design: Conceptualize, design, and enhance user interaction designs from concept to go-live, including page layout, user interface graphics, icons, colour schemes, and content.
- Make sure that job deadlines are met in due time, ensuring that job quality is nothing short of the best
- Liaise with other team members of all departments to maximize creativity and excellence in performance and delivery
- Communicate with clients along creative processes from mockups to final products.
- Evaluate and manage production resources to enhance high productivity and allocations.
- Responsible for revisions to approvals, artwork and information accuracy.
- Proof, prepare and finalize creative materials for print/web applications
Required Skills and Abilities
- Creative mind and ability to communicate your vision
- Great communication skills and a great capacity to understand clients needs
- Strong production skills and the capacity to decline creative concepts on multiple platforms
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment, managing multiple tasks/clients with varying priorities.
- Previous experience working with a creative agency is a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly in both English and French (written and oral)
- A strong desire to make a positive impact in the world
- A good head on your shoulders Kindness, empathy and compassion.
Experience and Training Required
- Bachelor or College degree in Graphic Design or any other related fields
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Graphic Design.
- Proficient in Adobe design products – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Word and PowerPoint tools.
- Experience in creating wireframes, brand development, campaign development.
Terms of Employment
- Permanent, full-time position – Flexible schedule;
- Possibility of remote work;
- Office located in the Westboro district, close to all services
- Competitive salary according to experience and qualifications;
- Benefits offered.
- Professional training offered.
- 3 weeks of vacation plus time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day;
Start date: November 1st or according to availability.
KarmaDharma is a creative agency that helps enterprising organizations who want to do better in the world, do better (We also put this into action and try very hard to do better every day!). Because when do-gooders do good, the returns for all will be extraordinary. We are growing and looking for passionate and qualified people to join our team of extraordinary and eclectic people. Please submit a resume with a portfolio that showcases the required responsibilities and skillsets above.
Only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.